If you’re reading this, you probably already know that Catch Your Limit is a hodgepodge of people and ideas, a hybrid of business models, an almagamation of talents.
Our entire brand is built on working hard and playing hard with the ultimate goal of helping you to “catch your limit” (in other words … realize your full potential, aspire to be great, dream the impossible dream) . We deliver guidance to leaders, we have processes and systems to help us better understand your needs and develop solutions, we work as a team with our clients all while striving to be fun, inspirational, strategic and so energetic that you absolutely take notice when you’re in the company of any ><(("> team member – whether it be Tom (our founder) or Erin (our resident part time college student that fancies standing on her head).
So, today when Tom sent everyone at Catch Your Limit the article – 9 Traits of a Great Small Business
, the message of the article was incredibly sweet validation for who we are and what matters to us and the clients we serve. I encourage you to read the article for yourself, but I’ll share with you what crossed my mind as I was reading it:
9 Traits of a Great Small Business
1. They are about more than the money (yes, there is an undercurrent of altruism in what we do)
2. They are fun (yes, I laugh at work every day)
3. They are creative (yes, we have so many ideas we don’t know how to fit them all in!)
4. They are led by a charismatic (we prefer driven) leader (we’ll follow him anywhere but not without asking a million questions as to where we’re going and why)
5. They have a great team (hallelujah)
6. They experiment and innovate (we are different today than we were yesterday)
7. They risk failure (we always say – do something even if its wrong)
8. They work hard and play hard (we need to play more than ever because we’re working harder than ever)
9. They strive to be the best (what else is there?)
Ok – there you have it – 9 out of 9. And, as an owner, I’ll be the first to say that I’m not giving myself a perfect score – the recognition goes to our entire team. They make it fun for me. They make us better. They create and innovate and fail and learn and grow and share. They remind me to take a break and be silly sometimes. They make Catch Your Limit GREEEEAAATT!
So, today was a good day for a lot of reasons. This article couldn’t have come into my world at a better time … I needed the inspiration.
Thanks to the entire ><(("> team (Tom, Emma, Scott, Gayle, Becca, Michela, Erin, Elizabeth) and thanks to the great clients we have the privilege to work with each and every day.
><(("> Melissa Laughon
Melissa is a ><(("> Team Member at Catch Your Limit, a management consulting firm with offices in Tallahassee, Florida and Richmond, Virginia. She is a keynote speaker, facilitator, blogger and contributing author for international, national and regional publications. To learn more, visit www.catchyourlimit.com