Providing inspiration is “not for the weak of heart.”
So, we’re seeing more than any other time over the past 10 years that we’ve become “caretakers” for the leaders who are “in our world.” And, this year, we’ve noticed the signs that come along with the caretaker role.
I’m reminded of times we’ve worked with caretakers and how much time we spent discussing the importance of taking care of yourself so that you could sustain taking care of others.
So, who inspires the inspirers?
There are times we (yes, even us) could use a little more inspiration and optimism and a few more reminders to make sure we’re taking care of each other – in order to sustain the spirit, the hope and the joy that we strive to bring to our clients and ourselves.
Some of the sources that I’ve been going to lately for inspiration are:
- Our ><((“> fans – as mentioned above, what you share with us does give us energy to keep doing what we’re doing
- Each other – our ><((“> team is unbelievable and when it matters the most, we’re there for each other and we love each other
- Photos – we are lucky to have Scott on our team who takes unbelievable photos (featured in this blog) and he has the ability to capture real emotion – it’s fun to be able to refer to our photo galleries and relive moments when we had the opportunity to just be and to play together
- Our Catch Your Limit Credo that we developed so long ago-We at Catch Your Limit Consulting are passionate people. We guide our clients in the pursuit to catch their limit. The people we touch find joy in being challenged, stimulated and encouraged to feel a part of and accountable for their mutual success. Catch Your Limit is about people paying attention to people … about the power of good ideas that passionate, motivated, fully energized people can generate.We strive to create working environments where you can discover and develop your capabilities and potentials, support each other every step of the way, celebrate your successes, learn from your failures and never forget how to play. The only thing off limits at Catch Your Limit is making excuses.
And, there are more! Maybe this will have to be a series of blogs on inspiration.
So, if you’re like us and just can’t get enough inspiration, take a moment to:
- Think about who/what inspires you. Share with us who/what they are.
- Tell at least one of those people how much you appreciate it … you just may be the inspiration they need to keep it up.
- And, decide who else in your world needs a little inspiration … who will you “breathe upon” today?
><(("> Melissa Laughon
Melissa is a ><(("> Team Member at Catch Your Limit, a management consulting firm with offices in Tallahassee, Florida and Richmond, Virginia. To learn more, visit www.catchyourlimit.com.